Monday, December 22, 2008

Rogue Elephant...redux

Actually, threedux (this is the third time I'm going there, and haven't written about second time). A bright, sunny afternoon, and Mr VP and I headed out to Rogue Elephant, and just as before, we learnt something new from the owner Anand there. Although we reached well past noon, he greeted us with a "Good morning!", and when Mr VP responded "Good Afternoon", he replied, "Oh, but it's never afternoon until the customer has eaten lunch!". I'll need to remember that line.

We started off with what we've almost always had, a lime juice, the fig salad and the just like crab meat, same as what we had when we went there the first time. However, for the main course, I decided to go veg and tried the Moroccon vegetable stew with cous cous.


Mr VP ordered the King fish medallions with a Putanesca sauce. And then, Anand gave us an instance of how when he was working at a hotel in London, and was manning the trolley while serving a roast chicken, he moved up to the table of the lady who had ordered it and began carving the chicken and asked her "Would the lady like some stuffing?". ROTFLOL. 'Whack', the head chef apparently slapped him across his head and said, "You idiot, you never ask a lady if she wants some stuffing!".


Once the main course was done, as usual Mr VP seemed full and so I decided to have the strawberry pannacotta for dessert. This tasted good, and since I love strawberries, this was doubly good.


A nice, fat belly, and back I headed to work, and back to planning the office team trip we had planned for (more about it in the other blog as soon as I get down from the high of that trip).

Rogue Elephant, 119, Ambara Complex, Annasamy Mudaliar Road, Ulsoor Lake, Adjacent to Foto Flash, Bangalore.

2 comments:

MM said...

Hehe... love the blog! Came across it when I was google-ing Toscano that I'm thinking of visiting tomorrow. Photos of the decor of the restaurant would really add to the posts. Really useful stuff here though.

And now I'm hungry. :)

Karthik Shetty said...

Glad you liked it, and sorry I couldn't click pics of the decor... but to be fair, there isn't much decor - it's more of an open restaurant, like one of the street side cafes in France or Italy...cobble stoned floor, metal chairs with thin legs, table umbrellas, that sorta stuff.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William (personal changes done by me as per need) at 2600 Degrees