Sunday, April 12, 2009

2 weekes of non stop eating

Hurray! Finally, my brother's exams are over, and the next day we were off to shop for his birthday gift. Well, we didn't end up buying his 'gift', that's been put off for another day, but we did end up buying a lot of books to read. After the little shopping spree at Blossoms, we landed up in The Only Place, named that way because when it opened in Bangalore, it was the first restaurant (and for quite a while the only restaurant) to serve beef. And so it was a lasagna for the little brat, and I settled for a lamb burger.

The lasagna was good, and it's the first time I'm seeing it served on a plate, and not a bowl or a deep dish.

The burger though, was, well, a little dry for my liking, and I've certainly had better. And I just hate it when they add a raw slice of onion in burgers...why can't they caramelise it??? How hard is it? I can certainly wait a couple of minutes longer!

The 5th of April saw Mr P and Mr VP headed towards F&B to have their 'lunch @ 360', and although a couple of the dishes we had were slightly different from when I had been there earlier on Christmas day of 2008 with my brother, and so there wasn't a lot of clickety click. Plus, the two of 'em were pretty amazed by the food and the service and wasted no time in tucking into the grub as soon as it hit the table.
Chocolate mousse with blueberry cream

Anise spices cake

I forgot what this one was :)

The next weekend we were off to watch Fast and the Furious 4, and before we stepped into the theatre, we went to this place called Ramana's on Cunningham Road, just after Wockhardt hospital. Simple, north Indian fare, but amazing to taste. Too bad we were in a hurry to get to the movie, and so I didn't get snaps here as well :(

3 comments:

iissarayu said...

Ramana's, F&B, The Only Place - all haunts and lovely food. The burger at the Only Place is a little dry - yes - for good, yummy burger try Ice and Spice on St. Mark's.

iissarayu said...

Ramana's, F&B, The Only Place - all haunts and lovely food. The burger at the Only Place is a little dry - yes - for good, yummy burger try Ice and Spice on St. Mark's.

Karthik Shetty said...

I've had the burger at Ice + Spice and have put the entry in here as well; and yes, their burgers are any day better than the ones served at The Only Place.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William (personal changes done by me as per need) at 2600 Degrees