Thursday, March 11, 2010

BM Review: Medici

Last week I visited a new restaurant in Indiranagar to review it for Bangalore Mirror. It's called Medici. The moment I heard the name, I thought of my visit to C'est La Vie, where my guest Vrata had mentioned the history about why forks are placed face down on the table. So I knew there was a French and Italian connection here, and this guess was vindicated when I visited the restaurant. The full review can be read here.

Some of the snaps I took of the food are here.

Olive Oil + Balsamic Vinegar Jar


Beef Carpaccio


Roast Duck Salad


Wild Mushroom Soup


French Onion Soup


Chicken Parmigiana


Tortellini


Tournedo


Duo de Poisson


Bouillabaisse


Prawn Risotto


Tiramisu


Crepe Suzette


The crepe with the brandy on fire

Food: Very good
$$$: Around 500 - 700 per head without drinks
Service: Good
Verdict: Must visit
Extra info: The restaurant is located a little after the Hyundai showroom on 100 feet road. If you're coming from Koramangala, as soon as you come down the flyover, go past Barbeque Nation and then keep looking out on your left for Maharaja Furniture.

Medici, #1206, 2nd Floor, Mannan Arcade, Above Maharaja Furniture, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore. Phone: 42350674/75/76

2 comments:

Suhas said...

Off topic I know, but I visited the restolounge Zoe yesterday with a friend. Didn't get to try out much - just a starter, a frozen lemonade, a wrap and an egg sandwich - and this was mainly because the service was PAINFULLY slow. Whatever we had was so-so.

Having said that, the place was nice and quiet. Have you been there in the recent past, ie after your initial review? I remember you found the food really good in your review, and I'm trying to work out whether I simply missed out on the good stuff and should give it another try.

Karthik Shetty said...

I visited the place only once more after my initial review, about a couple of months after that review, so I can't really say whether they were having an off day or not. However, when I went there (both times), the place wasn't crowded and so we didn't have to wait too long (not sure if the service in your case was slow because there were more people). And yes, the food we had on both occasions were good.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William (personal changes done by me as per need) at 2600 Degrees