Sunday, October 12, 2008

And for dinner, it's chicken again...

Chicken with coriander and apple cider vinegar

My last meal which I'll be cooking for a while, coz my mom is back tomorrow morning. So dinner had to be grand, and there was a chicken leg and thigh joint that was just begging to be eaten. It had the skin on, which made it that much more scrumptious.

So I started with the marination process: made a paste of some coriander leaves with a green chilly and applied it on the chicken, and under the skin. A little salt and pepper for seasoning, and to get the marinade into the chicken, I made parallel cuts across the meat. I then mixed some oregano with butter and applied it under the skin. And the final touch, something I've fallen in love with, apple cider vinegar. A splash of it over the chicken and under the skin, and then sent the chicken into the fridge for a several hours (I kept it for 5 hours, but you could very easily take it out after around 2 hours).

Next, heat some oil on a pan and when hot, place the chicken on it and fry on each side for at least 6-8 minutes or until cooked. After that, I preheated the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade and cooked the chicken in it for around 25 minutes. The brownish liquid you see in the picture below is the butter from under the skin that had melted and mixed with the cider. It was heavenly, and I think I ought to give serious thought to opening a restaurant sometime, or have a side business where I could start by first charging my friends when I cook for them(obviously less than what the restaurants would charge), and see how it goes :)


No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William (personal changes done by me as per need) at 2600 Degrees